'02 siverado limited slip rear end

I have the factory installed rear limited slip differential and it is not working. Today I was in some mud and only 1 rear wheel would spin. What is likely wrong? Thanks

Reply to
mark

It is "likely" working properly. If the other wheel got you out of the mud, then it's working right. Best bet with a limited slip is to EASE on the throttle when stuck...so the clutch packs in the rear end allow both tires to grab.

--Don

Don Byrer Commercial Pilot / CFI Student Electronics Technician, RADAR/Data/Comm @ CLE Amateur Radio KJ5KB

"I have slipped the surly bonds of earth; now if I can just land without bending the gear..." "I know what it sounds like....when doves cry" (Bird Strike 8/29/05)

Reply to
Don Byrer

Are you sure they put none in there?:grinyes: :grinno: :lol: You might want to pull inspection plate and have a look in there. The newer ones have a fliper and little gear set up. No clutches. With inspection plate off and rear wheels off ground. Hold one wheel and spin drive shaft real quick and see if it takes a hold and locks both wheels in. MT

Reply to
MT-2500

Actually, they do have clutches. The "fliper and little gear set up" as you call it....is what actuates the clutches.

Ian

Reply to
shiden_kai