'04 Stratus keyless entry installation

Hi, group.

I am wondering how difficult it would be to install a keyless entry system in my '04 Stratus. I do have power locks. Is it very involved, and where would the parts install?

Thanks in Advance!!!

Dennis

sed55ATyahooDOTcom

Reply to
D. E. Smith

Thought someone would respond that knew something about this car but Crutchfield (at crutchfield.com) used sell wiring harnesses for installation of keyless entry and alarms. You just had to locate and unplug a couple of connectors, connect to their harness and plug into the unit. Sound easy but who knows where these connectors are in your car. Shouldn't be that hard but will require removal of kick pannels, maybe door pannels and maybe part of the dash.... You may be able to call them and ask if they have wiring diagrams and plug locations for your car. I found a coupon while looking for the website

. I wanted keyless entry when I ordered my last truckand the factory option was $175 and I could get a decent alarm for $99(audiovox). Went that route and have an alarm, shock sensor, hood sensor,current sensing, ignition kill (get a little break on insurance) and keylessentry. I did have to cut wires to install but not that big a deal. Did thisin 1996 and have had no problems (in the event someone trashes Audiovox)whatsoever (that is if I exclude the times I went swimming with the key fob inmy pocket.....)

Good luck. bb

Reply to
bobby