10 to 25% better MPG, with 2 or 3 ounces of Acetone per 10 gals of gas

Acetone is available at autoparts stores, walgreens, walmarts, etc, and costs only 10 to 15 cents per ounce. Everyone who cares about air pollution and the high cost of gasoline should know about this.

Acetone in Fuels: Significantly Improved Mileage:

This article about acetone (CH3COCH3) probably draws conclusions that Big Oil and the American Car Manufacturers and others do NOT want you to know. They suffer from unlimited corporate GREED. They want bad mileage. The worse, the better as far as they are concerned. Acetone is a vaporization additive rather than a fuel additive per se. It is successful in very tiny amounts from about one part per 5000 to one part per 500. Mileage seems to taper off while HC emissions actually are greatly reduced with too much acetone. The peak gain in mileage comes between .03 of one-percent and .20 of one-percent acetone, depending on the actual vehicle which may be running gasoline or diesel. Note .781 cc per liter or .78 parts per 1000 or one part per 1280 are the same as one ounce per 10 gallons. Acetone operates on the unburned portion of the fuel to gain added vaporization and improved combustion efficiency.

above was excerpted from:

Max

Right up there with the fake moon landing, big foot, and the lochness monster.

Reply to
Larry Bud

Maybe you work for an oil company. Scientific testing indicates that it works:

Max

Let's presume this works. Why wouldn't an independent gas station provide it, pre-mixed into the gas at one pump, as a service to their customers? If fuel economy increases by 10%, people would cheerfully pay an extra 2%, most of which would be pure profit to the retailer. Since their margin on gas is just $.08/gallon or so, independents should be all over this.

But they're not.

Reply to
dh

One million percent better ''gas'' mileage.Only drive/coast down hills with the engine off. cuhulin

Reply to
cuhulin

I tried it in three different cars and it didn't make the slightest bit of difference in any of them.

Reply to
Ashton Crusher

Great question! There's the thinking man showing up. That idea would work if you could build a ceramic engine or something like that. Adiabatic engines melt down.

Reply to
Joe

All the molecular vibrations knocked it all off the page. They're getting it gathered back up right now.

Reply to
Joe

There is a woman who lives next door to me,she works for Shell on an off shore rig,Ram Powell.When she gets home,I will ask her about that oil stuff. cuhulin

Reply to
cuhulin

I once read an article about a guy who was experimenting with running a car engine on acetylene.The engine started knocking so bad,he gave up on that idea. cuhulin

Reply to
cuhulin

I once read an article about a guy who experimented with running a car engine on acetylene. The engine started knocking so bad,he gave up on that idea. ____________________________________________

I read about a guy who decided to wean his car from consuming oil. Each time he changed the oil, he put in one quart less than the previous change. But bad luck intervened: Just when he had it completely weaned, it threw a rod.

Rodan.

Reply to
Rodan

So,then I looked on the internet for, Run a car engine on acetylene

Looks like some people are doing it.I am going to stay with regular gasoline. cuhulin

Reply to
cuhulin

I don't see any future in running on bootleg acetylene. Commercial acetylene is manmade and is therefore not as cheap as simple distillate fuel, even if you can work out the technological problems.

If you run it without paying fuel taxes, then you will get the price down a goodly bit, but is it really worth it to be a fuel tax criminal? Not in my book.

Reply to
<HLS

Although not exactly auto related,I own a 1961 made in Germany Hercules Moped.It has bicycle pedals on it and 16 original miles on the speedometer/odometer.I bought it for $350.00 from an elderly guy in

1989.He had bought two mopeds for his grand daughters to ride,but they didn't care that much about riding mopeds.

I need to make a new transmission gasket and buy new tires and tubes for my moped.I think I can make a lightweight trailer out of plastic pipe and two bicycle wheels.Mostly,I only go to the food store and back and I always stay on the slow poke back roads,three mile round trip.That would be a real gas saver for me. cuhulin

Reply to
cuhulin

I have run simple engines temporarily on pressurized propane. To do it properly, one would have to rig a functioning "gas carburetor". Even with this, five gallons of propane (at WalMart, for example) will still cost you the better part of $18-20.

What I would REALLY like to see are power tools, run with tiny propane internal combustion motors. I am fed up with rechargeable batteries that fail after a year or two, and cost more to replace than the original tool price. And dragging an extension cord around is not too pleasant a situation either.

Imagine a drill powered by easily rechargeable propane fuel. Or many other such tools. Heck, I would even be happy with alcohol power in these applications.

Reply to
<HLS

Long,long ago,there was an auto manufacturer,or company which sold some cars with 5 cylinder inline engines.The idea of the 5 cylinder engine and exhaust system was to run the exhaust with the unburnt fuel into the middle cylinder so that the unburnt fuel would ignite and provide a little more power and then the exhaust would exit from the engine.I have a bunch of books here about antique cars,I could look it up.Actually though,according to Antique Trader,something has to be at least 100 years old before it is considered to be a real antique. cuhulin

Reply to
cuhulin

You can look up Acetone at a search engine.When our bodies break down,our bodies give off acetone. cuhulin

Reply to
cuhulin

No, it's not. You were doing so well in the first paragraph, and then you have to make up some baloney like this. You just made that up, and it's plain as day. Here's the truth - the introduction of additives into gasoline is a universal occurance. It happens to all the gasoline you can buy. Don't be crazy.

But anyway, this thread makes me wonder how much 2 or 3 ounces of Spam per gallon might improve your mileage.

Reply to
Joe

Then Sta-Bil would be illegal? Techron also.

The fats and acid would clog the Fuel Line.

Reply to
Hachiroku $B%O%A%m%/(B

I keep my finger nails chewed down too much. Those bumper cars in the amusement parks and carnivals have bumpers on the sides,I think. cuhulin

Reply to
cuhulin