1936 cuatom built Buick Roadmaster

The old 1937 Topper movie is on the TCM channel right now.According to

the car was a custom built 1936 Buick Roadmaster.Whomever built that car did an excellent job.Cars like that, but with modern day accutrements would sell like hotcakes nowadays. cuhulin

Reply to
cuhulin

I've often wondered what the hell that was. Neat car. I'd certainly line up for one.

You gotta stop watching TCM. Oh, wait, that's me...

It's on now, in the background. It's *ALWAYS* on in the background...

Problem is, with a silent movie you can't exactly follow the plot from the dialog...

How about the "Flying Wombat" in "Miss Fortune" (I think...) that was actually a car built by a private company; only something like 46 of them were made...

Reply to
Hachiroku $B%O%A%m%/(B

Accoding to the book "Standard Catalog of Buick- 1903-2004", the car used in the movie Topper was a custom made 1937 Buick Century chassis built by body builders Bohman & Schwartz. The car sported pontoon fenders, external exhaust pipes and a rear dorsal fin. The car was later used as a promotional vehicle for the Gilman Oil Company.

There is a photo pf the car on page 49 and its shown towing a trailer with a body similar to the car's body

harryface

91 Bonneville 318,943 05 Park Avenue 86,882
Reply to
Harry Face

Here is some more about the Topper car.

cuhulin