1956 Ford Car.

Last Monday a very good friend of mine who lived in my neighborhood passed away.He was 84,he is originally from Louisiana,I have known him since he moved to my neighborhood back in the 1960's.He was in the U.S.Army,149th Signal Company in World War Two,in Europe.He worked in Motor Pool,was awarded the Purple Heart.He lived right down the street from me.

He owned a very nice 1956 black and white two tone Ford car.Yesterday afternoon,on my way back home from the food store,I talked with some of his people who were there taking care of his things.I didn't mention anything about the 1956 Ford car which is still sitting in the yard over there.I might be interested in buying the car,I didn't think it would be appropiate this soon for me to say anything about the car to them.I would like to buy the car if I can afford it.I was wondering what y'all think? cuhulin

Reply to
cuhulin

Don't wait any longer, a week is likely already too late.

Mike

Mike Romain

I would put it to them tactfully, just like you did here, and as soon as possible.

Reply to
PauL

Herbet S. Brown - The Clarion Ledger

The body on the 1956 Ford car he (Herbert) owned is in A 1 number one condition,nice orginal looking paint job on it too.I remember one time the hood was up on that car and the oil filter was off.Something about the carburetor,I think he was working on,carburetors are no problem.He lived right down the street from me.He went to General Motors school and Dodge school.Wasen't anything about cars he didn't know all about how to work on them.He was in the 149th Signal Company,U.S.Army in Europe in World War Two.He once told me Army wanted to put him in radio,he told them,anything but that! he wound up in Motor Pool.At the tail end of the Battle of the Bulge,he and his company were heading for Bastogne.He has helped me quite a few times before with auto related thingys I couldn't figure out.I talked to his son over there yeterday afternoon.His son isn't a dummy either,he most likely has a good idea of how much that car is worth,no doubt he knows how to look it up in Hemmings Motor News too.Actually,I hope (I kind of suspect) Mr.Brown's son is going to hang on to that car.If y'all know what I mean? cuhulin

Reply to
cuhulin

I am dotein on it,but I haven't deeeeeecided (Walter Brennan,deeeeeeecided) yet.I am not going to just flat walk over there and ask the guy if he wants to sell that car.What would I do with that car anyway? cuhulin

Reply to
cuhulin

Besides,I am having some ''barb wire'' now and watching the Indy 500 on tv.Maybe tomorrow,or the next day. Ladies and Gentlemen,Start Your Engines! cuhulin

Reply to
cuhulin

Herbert's son is probally about 50's/60's something years old,about my age.I am sixty five.He has that sort of a nonchanlant look about him.Since the car belonged to his dad,I think he intends to hang on to the car.I won't bother him about the car. cuhulin

Reply to
cuhulin