1964 Chevrolet van.

A local propane/LP gas company near me, the owner has an old 1964 Chevrolet van he hasen't driven in years. The van has been converted to run on propane.I was thinking of making an offer to buy that van.

Reply to
JR

It might be worth looking into if it isnt a rotten rustbucket. LP gas is an excellent fuel and makes the engine burn cleaner, last longer.

Reply to
hls

et van he hasen't driven in years. The van has been converted to run on pro pane.I was thinking of making an offer to buy that van.

that reminds me of the time I had the opportunity to purchase a mid

60's electric Corvair Greenbriar van that was used in the underground roads of the US government in DC. The van was rust free, but had lots of dings & dents from over the years. I turned it down.
Reply to
m6onz5a

he hasen't driven in years. The van has been converted to run on propane.I was thinking of making an offer to buy that van.

Cuhulin? Is that you?

--scott

Reply to
Scott Dorsey

Last November AT&T in my area switched from dial up analog to dial up digital. WebTV is strictly dial up analog only. So, I called Comcast. Now I have Comcast triple play,,, telephone and TV and Internet. Yep, cuhulin, nowadays is Dhia Duit.

Reply to
JR

WebTV is strictly dial up analog only. So, I called Comcast. Now I have Comcast triple play,,, telephone and TV and Internet. Yep, cuhulin, nowadays is Dhia Duit.

Welcome back JR! We were wondering what happened to you.

Reply to
Paul in Houston TX

Good to know you are alive and well.

Reply to
hls

let van he hasen't driven in years. The van has been converted to run on pr opane.I was thinking of making an offer to buy that van.

lol nope

Reply to
m6onz5a

WebTV is strictly dial up analog only. So, I called Comcast. Now I have Comcast triple play,,, telephone and TV and Internet. Yep, cuhulin, nowadays is Dhia Duit.

Welcome back, you have been missed.

--scott

Reply to
Scott Dorsey

m6onz5a wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@p16g2000yqc.googlegroups.com:

every seal will leak. you will not be happy with the results. Not a good buy unless you can get it for almost salvage price and have no risk if it doesn`t work out. KB

Reply to
Kevin Bottorff

snipped-for-privacy@p16g2000yqc.googlegroups.com:

do you mean every seal on the motor???? they are no big deal to replace. I've owned several Corvairs and repaired them on all of them. Motors are easily removed as well, but removing the motor isn't required to fix the leaks.

Reply to
m6onz5a

m6onz5a wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@b26g2000vbt.googlegroups.com:

Maby you enjoy pulling the pan to get the rear main but it a pain for me. Certianly would make it a poor deal, unless reeeeally cheep. KB

Reply to
Kevin Bottorff

How's LP gas conversion affect the crank seals? Never heard that one.

Reply to
Vic Smith

*** I cant give you first hand knowledge, but it should be no worse than gasoline or diesel, and actually should be considerably better. You have no liquid phase of LP gas, or essentially none, nor is there a highly aromatic content (effect on aniline point) to muck with the rubber.

If anyone has a concise answer, let's hear from you.

Reply to
hls

Doesn't, but sitting for years certainly could.

Also, bearings in water pump, alternator (or generator, if it's never been converted) etc. are all suspect.

nate

Reply to
Nate Nagel

snipped-for-privacy@b26g2000vbt.googlegroups.com:

pulling corvair motors is no big deal. One person can have it out in

30 mintues. I've rebuilt a couple of corvair motors.. They are pretty easy IMO. I love that single cylinders can be replaced on these motors.
Reply to
m6onz5a

I took my couch buddy doggy to the vet this morning, on the way there and b ack home I passed right by that propane place.I didn't see that 1964 Chevro let van sitting in that open shed where it had been there for at least thre e years. I think I will forget all about that van.I own a 1948 Jeep I ought to be working on.

Reply to
JR

van he hasen't driven in years. The van has been converted to run on propane.I was thinking of making an offer to buy that van.

reminds me of when I could have bought an AmphiCar for $1000 and didn't and I saw one sell at auction for $60K.

Reply to
Ashton Crusher

van he hasen't driven in years. The van has been converted to run on propane.I was thinking of making an offer to buy that van.

I had the exact same thought....

Reply to
Ashton Crusher

Sometimes I watch Mecum Auto auction on Comcast Xfinity TV Velocity channel. It is amazing the prices some of those cars sell for.

Reply to
JR