1964 Ford Pickup Truck.

I am listening to a swap shop local radio talk show.A lady in a town not far from me has that pickup truck for sale for $450.00.I was thinking I ought to check that out.In 1965 Ford went to the twin I beam front suspension, I don't like that twin I beam, I have owned a 1967 Ford pickup truck before that had twin I Beam.That 1967 Ford pickup truck, when turning sharp left and right corners, the front end would hop around those sharp corners like a Tank. cuhulin

Reply to
cuhulin

yeah, when it gets sloppy you can watch the toe change when you back up :)

Unfortunately they used that same design well into the 90's... my ''93 has it but at least it seems that the previous owner took care of it. The '93 has ball joints but I would assume that a '64 should have kingpins.

nate

Reply to
N8N

But they were tough as hell. We used to run around a dirt bike track in a friends ford with i beams. He'd get the front of it 8 feet off the ground.

Reply to
jamesgangnc

In Vietnam in 1964, I worked in ammo supply,

a few miles North of the Tan Son Nhut North Gate.I drove 2 1/2 ton Army combat trucks.But, one of our trucks, it was either a 1963 or 1964 Ford Olive Drab pickup truck, six cylinders, manual gear shift lever under the steering wheel.One day the gear shift lever wouldn't move at all.I put a little bit of oil on it, we never had any more problems with that Ford pickup truck.That was a sweet running pickup truck, it handled almost like a sports car. cuhulin

Reply to
cuhulin

Well, compared to a deuce-and-a-half, pretty much everything does....

Reply to
aemeijers