1968 Chevelle brake conversion kit to disc brakes

Anyone have any experience with converting the front drum brakes to disc brakes on a 1968 Chevelle? Is it easily doable with the conversion kits I see for sale? Any kit better than another?

Mark

Reply to
Rowland

George

I did my ' 68 Olds (same chassis) with ' 70 or ' 72 parts. The original ' 68 parts were rare and expensive. I bought used spindles, hubs/rotors from a salvage yard. Bought rebuilt calipers from the local parts store. You may need a new/different master cylinder and proportioning valve. I had a very bad experience with a dude named Larry Cymans and suggest not buying his kit.

Chas Hurst

Reply to
Chas Hurst