1974 CAMARO RS

ok guys. i've been logging on for several days now and have tried as best i can to provide helpful problem-solving. now i could use a little advice. my question is'nt really mechanical but i'm certain that you can help give me some insight i need to make a decision. i have a 1974 camaro that i purchased for $1500 a little over a year ago. the body is straight and in good condition. the left rear quarterpanel needs some bodywork after the tire blew out and "whipped" it pretty good before i could get stopped. the paint is a few years old, it had been repainted when i bought it. it is charcoal grey/grey. looks good even though the painter wasn't. up close you can see a little dust, runns on the clearcoat, orange peel, etc. interior in fair condition considering the year. the engine was crap. a small jounal 327 that upon tearing down revealed that it had been bored .060 and someone had installed.030 over pistons. had to be a kid i figured. anyway , i built a 355 chev smallblock using a 350-4 bolt main from a gmc pickup. the motor is built right by yours truly. bored.030, flattops, rods resized, clevite rings and bearings, ffel-pro gaskets,tru-roller ,double roller timing chain and gears, magnum 270 comp cam, heads re-worked by a local 75 yr. old retired friend that was the best in the business around these parts,new 750 edelbrock carb. new cyclone polishrd aluminum intake, new k&n breather assembly (heavy duty) not the cheap shit. under hood looks great. all new. runs great, no problems. headers. trans. rebuilt. tires fair. all guages work. lights,etc. since gas prices have risen, i can no longer afford to run this car. it will only run premium without knocking.i sent my son to college this year and now i can no longer afford to finish this project, it just sets in the yard going to waste. i live in rural ARKANSAS and there is just no big demand for old muscle cars here that aren't of the first generation, surely someone out there still like the second generation camaro!. FINALLY-- my question,, can anyone give me any idea at what i might could sell this car for out there? any one interested maybe? i wish i could include a pic to help out but unable to at this time. THANKS in advance for any help you can provide me. mrk snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com

Reply to
plainoldmechanic

Hang in there. Kodak is coming to rural Arkansas soon. Maybe you could sell it back to some kid for $1500 less the body damage you did. It's always hard to put a value on unknown workmanship so that tends to limit any increase do to the rebuild. Someone in your area that knows you may be willing to pay more.

Reply to
Al Bundy

You have got to be F*ing KIDDING me (us)!

FINALLY-- my question,, can

A friend of mine into restoration said that Firebirds / Camaros are a current hot trend; I don't follow the subject personally. A 1974 wouldn't probably grab much in comparison to older bodies, but it is basically the same as the '70-up model, minus options that make certain models super pricy. The bodies/frames are getting rare, so that's in your favor. Check on Ebay Motors for completed sales and compare to Camaros in similar condition.

Toyota MDT in MO

Reply to
Comboverfish

Could be interested in your car-Love old muscle car's- Live in Atlanta-Would have to make a trip if it's worth it.Would need to see pic's of car and damage.What would be a fair price to you???

Reply to
Lane2005

my scanner should be back(son took to college for his pc) soon . i'll provide pics soon.

Reply to
plainoldmechanic