1985 gmc 1/2 ton 4x4

hello, new here so if i make any bo bos let me know, my son &i have just finished his latest toy, new 383, new transfer case and a new

700r4 , new 4:11 with the back locked up everything went find then we started on the brakes, rebuilt calipers& rotors and pads, everything on the rear axle save the backing plate is NEW/not rebuilt, driver side rear locks up BAD after about 3 blocks, pulled it down to the backing plate,everything looks great, would a blocked brake line cause this?, went trough emergency brake , no problem there help ymmas
Reply to
ymmas

Hmm....

A blockage can cause a brake to stay on, but it is usually a 'rubber' line that fails for that and if the rear flex hose failed, both back brakes would be locked on. (unless one side was just out of adjustment compared to the other side?) Were they hand adjusted?

Maybe it's a bad wheel cylinder with a burr inside or something?

Mike

86/00 CJ7 Laredo, 33x9.5 BFG Muds, 'glass nose to tail in '00 88 Cherokee 235 BFG AT's - Gone to the rust pile... Canadian Off Road Trips Photos: Non members can still view! Jan/06
Mike Romain

How do you get it to release? If it was a line/hose problem, it will not release untill you releive presure. ie: opening a line/bleeder screw.

Make sure it's not adjusted to tight. Make sure the return springs are in there proper place. Make sure the shoe with the shorter brake lining is mounted towards the front of the truck.

Reply to
dahpater