1985 Toyota Interior Part

I have a 1985 Toyota Corolla SR5 hatchback. I need to replace the molded particle board that is felt-covered that covers cargo area. Does anyone know (1), the technical name of it, and secondly, a good resource for finding it? I have tried local Toyota dealers and junkyards to no avail.

Thanks.

Reply to
Buck Turgidson

Get a sheet of cheap paneling or thin underlayment and cut one out.

Reply to
dahpater

Yeah, that crossed my mind, but only as a last resort. I only care about it cuz it reduces road noise on trips. I only have 100k on the car, so it keeps going and going.

Reply to
Buck Turgidson

You are going to have to make your own, I suspect, probably by molding beaver board and gluing headliner on top.

There were really never very many of those cars sold, and there are hardly any of them even in junkyards. They were neat and fun to drive, even if underpowered, and worth keeping if you can. But finding parts is not an easy task.

--scott

Reply to
Scott Dorsey