1987 Nissan Sentra Choke Problem?

1987 Nissan Sentra Choke Problem

I have a 1987 Nissan Sentra California model.

When I go to start it when it is cold I press the gas pedal to the floor and release it and then turn the key.

The car starts fine with a nice fast idle.

Once I press the pedal even a little bit the fast idle is lost and the car dies immediately.

The car will start and key running if I keep my foot into the pedal a bit or if I set the choke.

The problem is that I am losing my fast idle once I depress the pedal a bit.

Does this sound like a bad automatic choke mechanism or heater?

I will first check to see if there is voltage going to it.

Otherwise the car runs fine, it just passed smog last month.

Reply to
Tube Audio

Mike Walsh