1987 Toyota Camery Control Arm / Stabilizer bar bushing ?

Hi

I have a 1987 Camry.

Does the bushing, the one where that the Sway (stabilizer) bar goes through the control arm, require to be pressed in or out, or does it just sit loose after the 22mm nut is loosened?

Thanks

Reply to
Tube Audio

Pressed.

Check this link:

Any of the 5 links on there will show the bushing installed in the arm, and you can see the metal sleeve around the outside of the rubber. A large vise and a suitably sized chunk of pipe could be used to press it in and out (if you can find a pipe the exact diameter you need). If the rubber is already shredded and mostly gone, or if you can rip it out somehow, you can take apart and reassemble a hacksaw with the blade in the hole, and cut a slit in the sleeve to release the pressure, so you can pound the sleeve out of the arm easier. Personally, I prefer to use the stuff in our "Master Balljoint Adapter" kit, or even a few bits from the "Hub Tamer" box. We could have it up, apart, changed, and back on the ground in less than an hour.

Reply to
MasterBlaster