1988 GMC S-15, Wiring System or Fuel???

Ok, I am a woman from FL who works on cars for a living and I am stumped. Please help me, the men say I'll never fix this truck!!!! I have to prove them wrong..... Well, it is a 88 GMC S-15 4x4 pickup and there is hardly any power to fuel pump, but pump works if direct connected. There is constant power to all 4 wires of injectors but the noid won't light up but if left side is held to ground it lights. There is power to both the relays on the truck, 1 on the right one and 2 wires on the right one. The truck caught fire and had damage but it was all supposedly fixed. New ignition, fuel pump, fuel pump unit, OPS and relays... Any more that you can suggest so I can make this car go Vroooommmm is very appreciated.... TY

Reply to
TNTMobileMech

I would guess the wire mesh strap that grounds the body is bad or missing. Usually it comes from the bell housing to the body. There may be one for the frame too.

The battery should have a small wire ground to the fender, but this isn't usually big enough to supply everything and can melt or burn when the mesh strap is bad.

Mike

Mike Romain

Okay, checking them out on now, TY, will post back later with results. I appreciate the time you took to answer.

Reply to
TNTMobileMech

I would guess that Mike is correct. Also this is important because you dont want electricity flowing between the passenger compartment and the body through the steering joints of the wheel. the elevated temps can break down the lubrication. This goes for all vehicle joints. the car is metal so you can almost always get conduction to - from anywhere on it. but sometimes those paths can have negative side effects over the long haul.

Reply to
dnoyeB