1989 Mercury Topaz Throttle Cable

My throttle cable is broke and this part is obsolete. Not available from local FLAPS or Ford. Summit Racing and Jegs has a 24 inch universal, but the ends are different than what is on my car. I don't think what they offer will work.

Any help locating this part appreciated.

Thanks

Rich

Reply to
Rich

Junkyard?

Reply to
Jim

Replace it with a 87-89 Accord - good for 500k+ miles

Reply to
Doppler

Thanks, but the local junkyards have been no help. This is a hard car to find still in a yard. Plus they tell me they just cut the cable when they pull the engine.

I tried locating an Accord throttle cable but they are NLA. Any other help appreciated since I can't drive the car w/o the cable.

Thanks again,

Rich

Reply to
Rich