1990 Buick LaSabre

I'm looking for some assistance with determining engine/transmission interoperability on a 1990 Buick Lesabre. I've posted and recieved responses in the past on this board. I have been offered an engine and transmission from a 1992 pontiac bonneville, but I don't know where to check to see if it will work. Any guidance would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks, Doug

Reply to
Doug

You had better check carefully, Doug. Im telling you what I think I know, and Jack Daniels is agreeing right now.

88-90 engines were certainly the same (assuming you had the 3.8). I'm not sure about your 92 engine, but if it were swapped with the tranny and all the electronic crapola, you could probably make it work right.

Transmissions changed about that time from the 440T4 to the 4T60E (Father, forgive me if I got this wrong)

The E is the electronic version of that transmission and will not work as a direct drop in for the older 440T4.

Reply to
HLS

HLS,

Thanks, and tell Jack I said hello!