1990 Dodge 350 fuel injection

I recently purchased a '90 Dodge 350 and have started fixing it up. Brakes are done. Runs strong. But the fuel injection system has been tampered with by some butcher. Wires cut, relays missing ect. Vacume hoses plugged off. A real mess. I have repaired all the vacume hoses used by the fuel and emission system, repaired the damaged connectors and cut wires. Next step is to repair or replace necessary items that are missing. I need a wiring diagram. It runs full rich all the time. After removing the insturment panel and wiring harness to repair the wiring for the check eng. light I have a code 41 which is [low reference votage to the shut down relay from the charging system.] My alternator is charging fine. over 13 volts. The other sensors all check out. Temp. TPS, O2 sensor, MAP all seem to be fine. What is the purpose of the shut down relay? It is missing from the wiring harness. Can I use a jumper to bypass it? Where can I find a good wiring diagram that has the color codes? So I can trace down these missing and cut wires.

Reply to
gm41

What fun for you. The TBI system used on Dodge trucks '88-'91 (I have it on my '89) is at its best a collection of primitive, halfassed hardware driven by primitive, sorry software. But if it's been hacked, it's even worse.

subscription for $25/yr or a Factory Service Manual easily findable on eBay or new over the parts counter at a higher price.

Master power control for ignition, fuel injection and fuel pump.

Replace it.

Thought you were trying to UNbutcher the truck.

Reply to
Daniel J. Stern

Thanks for the information: Looks like my next step is to make a trip to the junk yard for some spare parts to test with. Or possibly a complete wiring harness. Only want to jump around the shut down relay for diagnostic tests. I only have exposed stubs of wire coming out of the computers harness where the relay connector used to be. Beleve it or not, this truck hasn't been wrecked. Body is ding free, and no rust.

Does the Dodge system go into a back up mode and run full rich if the check eng. light is on? Like GM did with their TBI?

Reply to
gm41