1991 Chevrolet Cavalier

My 91 cavalier 2.2ltr 5 speed quits running sometimes everyday once a day or even 3 times per day or once a week. After waiting 5 minutes, it starts back and away I go. Sometimes it stalls while driving down the road, but because it is in gear it starts itself back up after 15 seconds. I have replaced the ignition module, the crank shaft sensor, coil pack, fuel filter, plug wires, I am thinking of changing the computer. What do you suggest or what do I need to know about changing the computer? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Reply to
Hokie

Were I in your situation, I would be monitoring fuel pressure to be sure the fuel pump isn't going intermittent. I don't know if that car is fuel injected or carbureted.

But, there is a way to monitor fuel pump pressure anyhow, depending on which configuration you have.

Lg

Reply to
Lawrence Glickman

My 89 and 91 Cavaliers had timing chains, not belts.

Reply to
Woody