1991 Eagle Summit Hatchback Windshield Wipers

Hi all I have a 91 Eagle Summit Hatchback and the wipers just stopped working.....I checked the fuse and it's good and when i got home i turned off the engine and switched the key to acc position and i can hear the motor working so can someone tell me what might have happened? Please and how i can fix it.

Thanks,

Gyspyangel

Reply to
deuce03

snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote in news:d74c48e2-2ef0-411e-8f1d-cbb7466b7b47 @b5g2000pri.googlegroups.com:

Link arm has popped off the wiper motor crank ball, most likely.

Need to replace the whole arm, as the nylon insert is surely not available alone.

Reply to
Tegger

Would you know where I might get that piece and how to access it? Thanks

Reply to
deuce03

snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@w1g2000prd.googlegroups.com:

I'm not familiar with your model, but wiper linkages are pretty much universally inside the cowl at the base of the windshield. There is a molding or body sheet metal part covering the cowl. This must be removed for access to the wiper linkage.

The part is almost certainly dealer-only. It shouldn't be that expensive, less than $50 or so.

Reply to
Tegger