1992 Buick Lesabre stalling problem?

My 1992 Buick Lesabre started stalling on me periodically the other day when idling. It starts up ok after stalling and the "check engine soon" light comes on every now and then. I checked the computer codes and I got code 34. At first thought it was my MAF, but now I am not sure. Yesterday as I was driving I used the power windows to roll up my window and the car absolutely went dead on me (no electic power at all). I know the battery connectors corrode quite quickly in this car, (I cleaned them about 2 weeks before) and after jiggling them I was able to restore power to the car and keep driving. Could my car's idling problems, stalling and code 34 be related to bad battery terminals? Also, at around the same time I realized that my car no longer pumps out any heat from the heater, (the fan works but no heat!). Could all this stuff be related to a bad battery connection, or do you think it is the MAF. (P.S I have cleaned the MAF but it didnt do anything).

Thanks

Reply to
jeremiah_lindstrom

The first thing to do is replace the battery and clean the connectors good or replace the cables if they are seriously corroded. Excessive corrosion is caused by leaks around the battery posts and over charging. So you need the complete charging system checked also. Once those problems are corrected you can check out the codes if they return.

Reply to
Woody