1992 Grand Prix GTP Random stalling

Hi all!

I'm hoping someone on here can give me a few leads as to my recent Pontiac Grand Prix problems. I love driving this car, and hope to keep it for a while longer, but the stalling problem is getting out of hand:

1992 GTP, 172,000KM

- The car takes a while to start, usually when it has been sitting for an hour or two/overnight. Engine keeps cranking for 7-10 seconds and then starts up just fine.

- The car has a tendency to stall, usually when driving 50kph or faster. The second I let my foot off the gas, it starts to choke and stall out. I pull over, shut the car off, restart and everything is great again.

Anyone have any ideas? My local mechanic says it is the fuel pump, but this was replaced back in January. I'm at my wits end here!

scironi at gmail dot com

Reply to
scironi

@#@ Sounds like filter problem.

Reply to
Reynaud

snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@g49g2000cwa.googlegroups.com:

When they have the filter off have them put some high pressure air on the line as well... cab be blockage.

Reply to
Barry

Thanks for the advice. I'll have them check it out. Back in January they replaced the filter and pump, but I don't think they checked the line itself for blockage.

Reply to
scironi