1993 Ford Aerostar, Rear end noise.

I have a 1993 3.0L V6 Aerostar, Rear wheel drive. I'm closing up on

200k miles and the engine is chugging along.

i changed the rear brakes this summer, but today it suddently started this awful noise from the rear end, i dont think it is the brakes, due to them being fairly new, and because the noise is only there when i let of the gas, and it also disapears when i slow down under 15 mph.

Any ideas, Diff. dry maybe?

All suggestions appreciated! :)

Reply to
krizkris

krizkris

You did check to see if there was lube in the rear end? Check to see if the axle seals are leaking?

Its a junk yard rear end if you have a problem. It would probably be easier to swap out the whole thing rather than change just the third member. You could call some local gear shops and see what they say.

Bob

Reply to
BOB URZ

Fairly common on aerostars, stick in an used rear end with the same ratio.

Reply to
sjoblom1