1993 lumina sedan trunk lock jammed open .

I got home today and opened the trunk to get my groceries out. So far so good. Then I noticed the key was jammed and would not turn back to the locked position.

I removed the lock mechanism itself (2 bolts) and that works fine. It is the key jammed in the cylinder. I am currently letting it sit in the garage after spraying it with some wd40. Am trying the spray, juggle and hope method.

Can anyone tell me how to remove the lock from the trunk ?

Reply to
marks542004

ok, drilled out rivet on bottom edge of trunk lid just below the lock and removed the mounting plate. lock came out, will get a replacement from local auto parts place hopefully.

Reply to
marks542004