1994 buick le sabre low fuel pressure

hello. i have a 94 3.8 buick lebsabre that's been parked in my bay since yesterday morning that's got only 10 psi of fuel pressure when measured from the fuel rail port.

k, I replaced the fuel pump. car wouldn't start. fuel pressure was still only 10 psi at the fuel rail.

when I turn the ignition on I can hear it pumping fine. relay? oil pressure switch? I bypassed all that and gave voltage straight to the fuel pump connectors and directly measured the fuel pressure coming out of the fuel filter.

only 10 psi. thought defective fuel pump? replaced fuel pumpagain..this time with the filter screen. blew out all the tubing there with air hose.

same results with second fuel filter installed...10 psi when measuring from the outlet of fuel filter and fuel rail.

yah the car got gas. i even put another old fuel pump I had lying around..dipped that in a container full of gas and tried starting it. same thing..

something i'm not getting here? im tired of all the gas smell. im starting to get all kind of crazy ideals from people telling me its defective key switch..bad module...but it aint getting enough fuel pressure to begin with.

Reply to
shkjoon

unplug the regulator check pressure, report

Reply to
wws

While I agree the fuel pressure regulator is the first place to look I can't help but wonder what it is you propose to unplug?

Reply to
Bob

What about thte fuel pressure regulator?

Reply to
hls

update:

well. i found the problem. 1st fuel pump was defective. 2nd is defective.

used a volvo fuel pump i found in the shed directly to the fuel rail on top of engine and fired right up..

3rd fuel pump - will be from dealer.
Reply to
shkjoon