1994 Chev. Lumina with "stuck" door

Hi,

We have a 1994 Chev. Lumina 4 door sedan. The driver side door doesn't open easy (feels like it is "stuck"). For me, it isn't a problem, but my wife uses two hands, and she struggles. I had tried two different lubes on all moving parts of the door, which include hinges, and the latch. Also, I cleaned all the rubber molding (molding in good shape) and applied three different lubricants (turtle wax, silicon spray, & vaseline) at different times, but the door still has that "stuck" feeling, but not all the time. Note: This problem is not weather related.

Anyone have the same experience with this model or similar car?

Thanks in advance, Brad

Before you type your password, credit card number, etc., be sure there is no active keystroke logger (spyware) in your PC.

Reply to
Brad

How did you grease the latch? Did you remove the door panel and actually grease the mechanism or did you just try and get to it from the outside?

If you pull up on the door, does it open more easily?

If you look very carefully at the door hinge, can you see any small cracks?

--scott

Reply to
Scott Dorsey

Possible broken or very worn hinges.

Reply to
Paul

Hi,

Here is an update regarding this problem. Lately, the door is not "stuck" more times than "is". I don't know if it is because all those "lubes" I have been trying is taking effect? The weird part, this is intermittent!

I appreciate the responses. I know you want to help, but I have not heard from anyone who has/had the "same experience" (my original question) with this model or similar model.

Brad

Reply to
Brad