1994 Chevy Silverado - Transmission

Hi

I have 1994 Chevy Silverado 1/2 ton w/ 4WD and overdrive with 211,000 miles. The tranny has been acting up for a couple of years and it is nearly time to replace it. How do I find out which tranny it is? I suspect it is a 4L60E but need to know for certain. Also, is there a better transmission that will fit. This truck is used for transportion and farm work like hauling hay wagons for relatively short distances.

Thanks in advance.

Kent

Reply to
B47D