1995 Ford Thunderbird

My O/D off light just started flashing. I know what the light is for but any ideas what it means when it starts flashing? Any help is appreciated. - jEsS

Reply to
Jess

It means your ECM has detected a problem with the transmission. Many trans faults can be remedied harmlessly if done quickly. Of course, there are some problems which call for an immediate rebuild A dealer or well equipped trans shop should be your next stop to detertmine the fault code and whether failure is imminent. Also, the light should be flashing in a pattern such that you can count the flashes and arrive at a digital code depending on your vehicle make/model/year. etc which you did not provide. Someone here may be able to interpret the code for you if that is the case. It is also possible that more than one code is stored.

Reply to
lugnut

Approximately 8/24/03 12:58, Jess uttered for posterity:

If the engine RPM stays unchanged, meaning that it isn't really going in and out of O/D, the light means you need to have your transmission control checked... is a fault indicator.

Reply to
Lon Stowell

The flashing light means the PCM has detected a fault inthe transmission. You need to get the codes checked out.

Regards,

Ed White

Jess wrote:

Reply to