1995 GrandAm rotor replacement?

I am just a weekend mechanic (under duress), so please be gentle. :)

My partner informed me late last night that her brakes on her 1995 GrandAm are starting to squeel and she don't stop none too good! Like last time she asked me if she should ever add water to the rad because it hardly had any for awhile! LOL.

Anyways, it has been awhile since I looked at the beast, but it is probably time to replace rotors as well as pads (obviously). But I cannot remember(probably never knew) how the rotor assembly comes off on this model.

I'm going to go out and get parts tonight, but I am stuck at the office today so I am trying to plan this to tackle it tomorrow AM early.

Any clues or tips on what is involved in getting the old rotors off would be appreciated to shorten the loop on it all.

TIA

Reply to
BSAKing

Once the brake caliper is removed, the rotor should pull right off the hub (barring any rust accumulation or something that's holding it on there - some persuasion might then be required).

Reply to
Robert Hancock

Got it. mission impossible accomplished. Trick worked great, along with my friend 'the 5 lb sledge enforcer'. LOL.

Thanks for the tip. Another satisfied satisfied customer drives away and I rack up my brownie points......you know i need 'em!.

Reply to
BSAKing