1995 Mercury Sable 3.0L Constant High Idle

Okay, this car runs great but everythime I start up, the RPMs shoot to

2500 then it settles down to 1350 after the initial warm up. Suspecting a vacuum leak, I have checked all hoses an they all look good. I also did the WD40 thing with no luck. I read on here somewhere that if I disconnect the IAC valve and the idle doesn't change, then I have a vacuum leak. If the idle drops after umplugging the IAC, then I have an electrical or sensor issue. Well, I unplugged it and the car just kept idling at 1350. I'm only getting one code for insufficient EGR valve flow. I have since replaced the EGR valve but that didn't fix it so I think it may be the EGR sensor. Anyway, my EGR issues shouldn't have any effect on idle should it? There is no way to adjust the idle since it is controlled by the computer. If I could turn down the idle myself I would and just leave it at that. I'm at a loss here. Can anyone help?
Reply to
wjlanehdtv

First clean the throttle body; Fords love to gunk up.

Reply to
Stephen H