1995 Mitsubishi Mirage S - Flex Plate Problem

Hello,

I need help. I have a 1995 Mitsubishi Mirage 2 1.5L that I am about to take a hammer to. At first the flex plate broke on me. I obtained one from a salvage yard and the replacement plate was in excellent shape. I installed it and a week later it breaks again. Cracking on all three bolt locations just like the first one. I should have suspected something broke the flex plate at first and investigated it further before installing another one, but I didn't and now I got problems. I have read on the net that this can be caused by a worn bearing or damaged shaft of my torque converter. Could this be the problem or did I stumble on a faulty flex plate at the salvage yard? I have also read that you must replace the bolts (that secure the plate to the crank)and torque in an exact sequence , is this really true and will it really effect it this bad? Also I am more prone to believe that the transmission and or torque converter need help.....

Any help is greatly appreciated!!! :->

Thanks,

-Shane

Reply to