1995 Ranger...stumped

Hey everyone,

I'm trying to see if anyone out there has any idea why the lights on the left side of the truck won't work when my hazards are turned on. They work just fine when using the left turn signal, but won't work with the hazards.

Thanks, John

Reply to
jstulb

you might have a bad bulb, a bad flasher, or both. if the truck only has one hazard

flasher, it's more than likely a bad bulb in the circuit affecting continuity.

mho v=83e

Reply to
fiveiron

Obviously its not a burned out bulb or bad flasher unit. Test the hazard switch itself.

Reply to
« Paul »

yup, what he said. I bet there is a corroded contact in it; it's not often used, unless you're a delivery driver or some such. Maybe just cycling the switch a couple times would break up the corrosion and get it working correctly again.

nate

Reply to
Nate Nagel

Check the grounds. Had the same problem with an MGB, and found a loose ground in one of the lights.

Reply to
no_name

I have a 1994 ranger and had a similar issue with my tail-lights. I finally found that the problem was one of the wires were rubbing against the frame where the trailer T-Connector is. Eventually after

12 years on the road, it cut through the sheathing and grounded itself on the frame. Might be something similar for you.

Dave

Reply to
R.Daneel Olivaw