1996 dodge caravan

I am having some issues with my van and I am a pretty good mechanic but this has got me stumped. The van started overheating so i checked it out the radiator had a hole ,ok so i fixed that bought a new one and it was leaking from some where else so i looked around found the cap on the radiator was not right a new one. then the thermostat changed it and gasket but it is now leaking from the side of the engine where the lower radiator hose connects to the intake pipe. I tore it apart changed the o ring sanded the crud off and it is nice and tight no leaks. BUT now it seems to be leaking from under this pipe and i am not seeing any thing there to be the cause of this leak. I have had 3 of my buddies look and they can not seem to shed any light on this either. there are no hose no trans lines or anything of such around this none of the freeze plugs are leaking but I pour water into radiator and it pours out from I almost want to say the top of trans but I know better it cant be. Please if you have any ideas write my back thanks very much. O and one more thing there is no water in oil and nothing to show as signs of cracked block or head gaskets and such nice clean oil and water.

Reply to
nt_baker

philthy

i have tested the pipe by cleaning it up and running very hot water threw it and i did n ot notice any leaks do u have any other ideas i do plan on replacing pipe just because of this idea i have mentioned it to my garage and they dont think it needs to be replaced but they have been wrong b4. if this pipe is the cause it is inside the motor maybe a piece of the pipe where o-ring seal is might be damaged or such. please relpy

Reply to
nt_baker

Reply to
philthy

i have set up a system check for tomorrow the pipe is bolted to engine and the lower rad. hose is clamped to it as well as the return line.

Reply to
nt_baker