1996 Mazda Protegé Hard to start in the mornings

I own a 1996 Proteg=E9 LX with 120k miles. It's been a great vehivle and it was running great but a cuople of weeks ago turned to hard to start. I crank it every morning until start (2-3 minutes). After this starts very well during the day until next day.

I replaced the spark plugs, accesory belts, distributor and rotor. Old plugs looked ok a little white and burned but no oil on them. I took it to a local shop and they say that compression is low on 2 and 3, (arround 60 and 80) but very good (150) on 1 and 4.

It is very strange because the engine works very smooth.

Please let me know what can I do to this vehicle, and what do you guys thiink

Thank you

WIlliam O.

Reply to
willyo22