1996 Monte Carlo Engine Misfiring ???

Got a 1996 Monte Carlo with a 3.1 engine. Sometimes when starting the engine it is hard to start and when it does it runs real rough. After a few minutes it snaps out of it and runs fine. The check engine like comes on so I took it to AutoZone to check the trouble code. The code that was stored said multiple misfires. I put in new plugs and wires. This improved the performance but it still acts up th same way. It doesn't do this all the time maybe twice a week. Could the coils be causing this problem? Thanks for any help.

Dennis B.

Reply to
Dennis

Yes. More than likely you have a bad coilpack. If the roughness seems like 2 cylinders misfiring with a cadence, it's almost for sure. If it's random misfiring, you could have a leaky injector or two flooding those cylinders when it sits.

Reply to
jeffcoslacker

I appreciate the help.

Thanks