1996 plymouth neon shut down while driving

My 1996 Plymouth Neon shut off while driving to work. Still had power, lights, etc. Would not start up again. Just cranks over. Tried to start with starting fluid to determine if fuel pump went out but no success. Any suggestions? Please help.

Reply to
oldspirit80

If you have a computer diagnostic device I suggest using that ( provided you have the code book for your car as well) Failing that check to see if you are getting any spark. spark wire testors are available cheap at any autostore. Or if you are really cheap, stick your finger in the cable socket and get a friend (whom you trust to laugh at you if you get shocked) to turn the ignition. Other than that, I suggest taking it to your trusted mechanic.

Reply to
steve goodsworth