1996 S-10 Anti-lock light

I have a 1996 Chev.S-10 a few days I had to drive through some water puddles ,right after my anti-lock brake light came on when you hit the brakes the light goes off until you drive a short distance then the light comes on again. I disconnected my batt. cable thinking it would reset the light but it still comes back on. Any input to this problem??

Reply to
Darlene Biel

One or more of your anti-lock sensors has failed. Or maybe it's something else. You need to be able to read the codes on the anti-lock system so you can see what it's actually reporting.

--scott

Reply to
Scott Dorsey

Probably a bad ABS sensor or the wire/connection for it. Have the code checked and it will point you at the failed sensor ( 96 should also be able to read the codes by grounding the ABS line in the ALDL and reading the flash code)

Reply to
Steve W.

Reply to
man of machines