1996 silverado drive shaft removal.

I am having trouble removing the driveshat out of my 1996 chevy.l It is one piece. The front is a yoke going into the transfer case, The back is held in with bolts. manual says to remove bolts and drop driveshaft but it wont budge. What am I doing wrong?

Reply to
stryped

Usually you have to push the whole driveshaft forward slightly to get it disengaged from the differential before you can pull it down and out. Now that the bolts are out, have you tried tapping it with a rubber mallet back there to break it loose?

Chris

Reply to
Hal

What you are doing wrong is multiple-posting (to at least here and rec.crafts.metalworking), rather than cross-posting.

Read the Wikipedia article on cross posting, especially the section on multiple posting. Then use Google to find directions on cross posting from Google groups. Google won't tell you -- I think they're trying to kill USENET. Then, when you feel a need to post to multiple groups, do it the right way.

Reply to
Tim Wescott

or just prying on the cross of the U-joint with a large screwdriver (assuming that it's u-bolts and not a bolted flange like my F-150, if the latter it should be easier to remove)

nate

Reply to
Nate Nagel