1997 Chevy Silverado 4x4 5.7 k1500 Engine

Does anyone know where I could find an engine for my 97 Chevy silverado 4x4 5.7 k1500?

I can't find any used engines in my area. I would get a crate motor, but kinna tight for money right now.

Thanks

Reply to
Chris

Any good salvage yard is networked all over the country, I am sure they can get an engine, condition is the issue.

Reply to
maxwedge

And the shipping on a condition-unknown motor will be? The OP said money was tight.

Reply to
Kruse

The shipping is included in the price to the salvage yard, this is still much less then a new engine. What is the cheaper alternative by the way?

Reply to
maxwedge

I am in the central IL area, all the salvage yards I have called said they can't keep those motors. Go like crazy. They say it would be real hard to catch one.

Reply to
Chris