1998 Hyundai Accent oil/trans fluid ?

I just finished changing the spark plugs on the 1998 Hyundai Accent I just purchased. What I'm not wondering is from those who have familiarity with this kind of car, what kind of oil does it use? What weight of oil? And how many quarts of oil would I need to fill it up properly again, after an oil change? I was going to ask the people who work at this local auto parts store, but a lot of those working there are flunkies who are very knowledgable, and might give me wrong info.

As for the transmission fluid, does it take Dexron 3... or something else? And power steering is 3 dot, correct?

thanks

Reply to
Tysteel40

sorry, as I didn't proofread through here. . What I meant was that they are flunkies who are NOT very knowledgable at the auto parts store.

Reply to
Tysteel40

Use 5w-30 or 10w30 motor oil and SPIII transmission fluid and Dexron power steering fluid.

Reply to
hyundaitech

Thanks for answering my question, Hyundaitech. I called up an auto parts store, and they said that in their computer it said to use either a 20w-40 or

20w-50 for the oil. They said that their computer indicated that the best transmission fluid was SPII, but they did not mention anything at all about an SPIII.
Reply to
Tysteel40

No recent (

Reply to
Tim Brown

SP II fluid has been superseded by SPIII. Where do you live? Unless it's in Hades, whoever said 20w50 is out of his mind.

Reply to
hyundaitech