1999 Buick Century-No Odometer?

I recently bought a nice used 99 Buick Century and it is great execpt for 1 thing..the odometer is not lit so I don't know the mileage. Does anyone have an idea on what to even check first? I checked the fuses but there isn't one for just the odometer Any help would cetainly be appreciated! TIA Jordan

Reply to
bajazza

If its the kind that has the roll over numbers, the odometer I think is controled by a tiny motor in the gauge cluster.

Good Luck

harryface

Reply to
Harry Face

I'm not for sure on that one. Buick also had some that were nonmechanical, having only a digital display. IIUC, the odometer function was part of the computer, only having the display on the dash.

Reply to
hls

Sorry, I should have mentioned that it is (was) a digital odometer....by the way, the check engine light is on and comes up with

1308 Manufacturers Transmission whatever that means, Jay
Reply to
bajazza

Check for disconnected wire around the transmission. It probably has a wire from trans that plugs into a socket sending signals to odometer. Does the speedo work (show up)? HTH, sam

Reply to
sdlomi2

have mentioned that it is (was) a digital

Hi, the speedo does indeed work (analog) and checked for loose/ disconnected wires and everything looks OK...anything else to check for? TIA Jay

Reply to
bajazza