1999 dodge grand caravan interior lights go on

Hi All,

I just purchased a 1999 dodge grand caravan. All's 'grand' except for two major things - they may be related - hence the need to "call on the group" before going to a stealer or 'fix-it-person for repairs.

  1. The "air bag" light is on - I have been told that the "clock spring" in the wheel needs to be replaced. OK with that.

  1. When driving down the road the interior lights will come on and the door locks will 'drop to open' and a 'ding' is heard- this may last 2-10 seconds or 15 + minutes... then as if nothing has happened, the lights will go off and the doors will re-lock and re-ding again ?? - )Have checked and re-adjusted the door plungers.)

Could these be related??? or what else is there to look for??

again - 1999 dodge grand caravan - 3.3 "G" motor - 82,000 miles - has enough gadgets, bells and other things to keep me busy just discovering them....

Minor questions:

Is there a way to get a listing of the accessories that this car came with ??? -

How do these "we will give you a history of your car for $$$" things work out - are they worth the $$$ ??

AND for the last - Is anyone aware of an aftermarket "keyless entry" for this vehicle - (emergency buttons and sirens not needed, just the ability to button-my-way-in...)

Many thanks in advance =

John B - Wisconsin Cheesehead - go pack

Reply to
johnb

,,||,, (>_ Hi All,

Reply to
Carfixer

Thanks for the reply (I think ??)

Can someone please interpret what the answer is to mean ?? (see following) . . . .

Not being stupid, just want to know if I was told off or ??? :>))

Thanks JOhn b

Reply to
johnb

You can interpret it as "go-f*ck-yourself." Do you think anybody other than a "stealer" or "fix-it-person" could possibly help you with your grocery getter's spooky electrical problem. Who do you think is answering these questions??? Insurance Salesmen???

,,||,, (>_ Thanks for the reply (I think ??)

Reply to
Carfixer

Dear "Carfixer",

I thank you for your intelligent and well-thought-out reply to my question.

Not only have you shown the world your intelligence (or lack of it), but you have related to us your total IQ rating - (leaving the numbers to your imagination - if you have one) and your lack of a sense of humor (again use your own thinking process, if any )...

In other words, you need to wake up - think - have some fun in life - don't take everything as a-life-or-death-situation - read - get-a-life - or maybe you need to open your shop doors BEFORE starting your engine and engaging brain ??

LOOSEN UP !!!!

I needed advice BEFORE I went to the $tealer and got a bill that was out-of-sight - that's it.... (read forewarned is better then getting the $$$$$ shaft)

As I said before - thanks for your reply and as you so gracefully put it - "go-f*ck-yourself."

John b

ps - IMHO - the above is in no way intended to be an insult, nor intended to start a 'flame war' nor intended to be judgmental on anyone or anything or any business or business attempt. Advice was solicited on an open forum and anything was possible (and expected) - no warrantees were expected nor asked for..... but - again - have fun - the Sun will come up tomorrow despite what we do... or say . . . take care all.... jb

Reply to
johnb

Hmmm...I know that the Caravan has the capability to react to a accident by automatically unlocking the doors and turning on the interior lights. Perhaps what ever sensor that detects a collision is faulty or has a short. Just a idea. good luck!

Reply to
James C. Reeves