1999 Mercury Cougar Please Help

My Air Conditioning and heater will only blow up on the wind sheild no matter what setting I have it on. Does anyone know what might cause it to only blow defrost?

Reply to
jocwaker

Flapper doors divert the air flow to various outlets. Some flapper doors are moved by electric motors, however MOST flapper doors have a vacuum actuator controlled by either a manual lever/knob/switch or by a computer module. So, its one of these: stuck door bad actuator no vacuum bad control unit

Reply to
« Paul »