1999 Subaru Wagon Faulty Speedo...what's wrong?

Hi There.

We _just_ bought a used 1999 Subaru, with 43K miles on it. Looks great, runs great so far.

BUT, today I noted that the speedo would intermittently 'drop out'. The Tach was still fine, but the speed was reading zero. The speedo came back after letting the car sit (off) for awhile, but then later dropped out again. Needless to say, this is not good.

My question is, is the problem with some sort of speed sensor, or is it a mechanical problem inside the speedo head itself.

Any tips / suggestions much appreciated.

Thanks, Dave Hill.

Reply to
David Hill