2000 Daewoo Leganza idle problems, please help

Please help. It is hard to get answers for repairing Daewoos.

I have 2000 leganza (AT, 2.2) that I just bought. It drives fine, but at an idle, it idles unevenly. Like it is running on 3.5 cyllenders. It is fine before it kicks into Closed Loop, and fine at any other engine speed than idle. I have a "Scan Guage" (scanguage.com) and it shows .5- .6 GPH at a Warm Idle. (In comparision a 5.3 liter chevy burns around .6-.7GPH, a ford 2.0 liter is .2 GPH) I was going to replace the timing belt anyway as preventinve matence (this is a interference motor) so I did that, and discovered the exaust cam was one tooth retarded. I reinstalled that properly and the idle is noticabley better, but not right. Now it is .4-.5 GPH. Also I notice it backfires randomly average 5 seconds (its not loud because of the quiet exaust, it is just a big cough of air, when the normal sound is a little puff) The Scan Guage seems to show it retards the timing to around -2 to3 right after this, it is 3to10 when it is not "back firing" (hard to tell because the Scanguage only updates every 2 seconds) What can this be?? thanks

david in az

Reply to
dave