2000 Mazda Protege pining bad!

My 2000 Mazda Protege has started pinging really bad under load.

Its not the gas....have tried different brands and tank fulls

I'm not a mechanic... can anyone give me some ideas of what :might" be wrong before going to the shop?

Reply to
me

There was a recall on them for some ignition related issue. I can't remember the details. Maybe the one you have didn't get fixed?

Reply to
Brent P

I should re-phrase that, it may not have been an actual recall, but was something mazda dealers were taking care of at one time. That time may have passed.

Reply to
Brent P

where can I find out abt this as the dealer is a two hr drive form me

any online sources?

Reply to
me