2000 Ranger slow to shift

I have a 2000 Ranger, V6 auto with 63,000 miles on it and just this last week or two it has started to seem like the transmission isn't kicking in fast enough. I checked the fluid level about 5 days ago and it was still on the stick but only at the very bottom. I put a quart of dexron/mercon in it and it was then above the cross hatched area by a quarter of an inch or so. I assumed that it would just be blown out an overflow or something, so I drove it like that. I checked the fluid today and it is now right at the bottom of the cross hatched area. I haven't seen any leaks in front of my home or anywhere else that I park. It doesn't seem like it is slow to advance all of the time, just some times. I'll check my fluid daily to see if it is going to drop further but in the mean time, does anyone have any ideas? Is there a sensor or vacuum issue that could be causing the slow shifting?

Reply to
<johnb1967

Does anyone have access to the full details of the technical service bulletins listed below? If you do, I would appreciate it if you could tell me what they refer too. I'd like to get an idea of what would be involved in solving my issue or maybe how much it would cost. Thanks in advance!

02-13-8 JUL 02 A/T - Slipping Shifts/Delayed Engagements/DTC's Set 00-21-6 OCT 00 A/T - 4R44E Slipping/Delayed Shifts

Reply to
<johnb1967