2000 Windstar Exhaust System Question...

I've got H2O dripping from both sides from an exhaust-system rectangular box that sits about in the middle of the vehicle's chassis. It may have been doing this from day 1 and I just never noticed it. I don't know if it's a muffler or a catalytic converter with a cover. It has ridges that run with the length of the vehicle. (Please tell me these are just 'weep holes' in the catalytic converter cover.)

Thanks in advance.

Reply to
Stan

Water (actually condensation), from the combustion process and actions by the cat, draining from the resonator/muffler. Resonator/muffler surfaces colder than the dew point of the exhaust. Nothing to worry about. Very prevalent in Fords, especially during cold weather.

Stan wrote:

Reply to
Mike Behnke