2001 Dodge Caravan Relay???

Unbelieveable - called around looking for a replacement for an intermittent relay under the hood in my 2001 Dodge Caravan and no one can tell me what I need to replace it with. And there are about 8 of them in the fuse panel AND apparently it is also used in other Dodges.

The relay in question is an OMRON 21911c, also has 05269988AA and 115D3 on it. Made in Canada. The OMRON website does not have a search function (that I could find). LOL

I am in Canada, and looking for a replacement if anyone is able to assist. Thanks..

Reply to
Ebeneezer Geezer

Shep

There must be a phone number on their website you can call.... either that or an address you can call information on....I am sure there is some way to contact them.. maybe even thru email?? Good Luck,

Fwed

Reply to
fweddybear

Probably other makes, too.

5269988AA is the Chrysler part number. Comes up at around $13.60 at chryslerpartsdirect.com ; I'm sure your dealer can supply it to you under that number, as well. So...erm...what's the problem?
Reply to
Daniel J. Stern

He probably got quoted $50 or some ungodly price at the dealer.

Ted

Reply to
Ted Mittelstaedt

Reply to
Ebeneezer Geezer

I got quoted nothing - they could not reference the part number. Have to wonder about them now for sure if other folks here found it no problem.

Reply to
Ebeneezer Geezer

Reply to
Daniel J. Stern

yes - thanks all -

Reply to
Ebeneezer Geezer

What led you to believe that the relay was actually bad? What circuit does this control. Skip alot of headache by simply getting one form a junkyard, Jim

Reply to
gobroncos

swapped the relay woith another in the panel - there are about 8 of them and the starting problem went away to be replaced by an idiot light problem. Swapped it again and that problem went away to be replaced by wiper problems. Pretty easy to figure it is intermittent.,

Reply to
Ebeneezer Geezer

Do the fuses that u are swapping have the same part number on them? The idiot light very well might come on due to the vacancy the relay left when it was swapped...this doesn't necessarily mean the relay is bad. A better suggestion ( if u have relays with the same part number,) is to remove a known good one and bench test it by taking resistence measurements with an analog meter. Your troubleshooting descriptions is vague at best . I think more needs to be done testing that circuit. Ultimately, if it's simply a relay, one can easily obtain that from a junkyard if nothing else. Jim

Reply to
gobroncos

not swapping fuses - swapping relays. And there is no vacancy if it was replaced by the other relay. And it is intermittent so measurements are meaningless on it. It turns out the part is a Chrysler available one by the info from people here. Bozos at the dealership did not know much it seems.

Reply to
Ebeneezer Geezer
  1. If you still have not obtained a relay, it doesn't really matter how much your dealerships knows or not. 2) Why haven't u tried the junkyard? 3) In the above post, I meant to say relay instead of fuse.
4) U said when the relay was replaced, that other problems appeared...Other problems appeared while using a known good relay in its place? And this leads u to believe that its a bad relay?! And intermittent at that?! That's the way it appeared in your #11 post! Not that u could have described it any clearer, but I'm going to assume that when u place the suspect relay in place of the wiper relay position, you experienced problems with the wipers. And that sometimes the wipers did actually work in that scenario, making it, in fact, an intermittent problem. But as I have said this is only an assumption as your post is vague at best. Rest assured tho, you chance frying the ECM if you swap using other than exact replacements. How much do u have in common with the dealership?
Reply to
gobroncos

rockauto.com is where I got my replacement relay. It'll cost about $12.00 not counting s&h. If they don't have the one for the Caravan you can get the 200 dodge neon horn relay it should be the same relay.

Reply to
omar610