2001 Maxima sometimes doesn't run under load

Hi, My 2001 Maxima has been at the dealership for two weeks and they can't diagnose the problem. Prior to bringing the car to the dealership, I had a problem with the car on 4 different occasions over the course of about a month. The car would start but wouldn't continue running under load. As soon as any pressure was exerted on the accelerator pedal, the engine would die. After letting the car sit for a while, it would run fine for a couple of days at a minimum and a couple of weeks at a maximum. My local repair shop couldn't diagnose the problem so the last time the car failed to run, I bit the bullet and had it towed to a Nissan dealer. As fate would have it, it has been running fine since it has been in the dealer's possession. However, the "service engine soon" light is on and the ECM is throwing codes for the mass air flow sensor, maximum absolute pressure sensor, and throttle position sensor. Has anyone out there experienced a similar nightmare? Right now the only solution the dealership seems to have is to leave the car there until it won't run again. Not much of an option. Thanks, Paul

Reply to
Bill

Sounds like an electrical short or loose connector some where in that mess - have fun finding it!!!

Some connector may perhaps look connected but are not - only way to tell is to physically remove and reinstall each connector - I'd start at the transmission if it's an automatic!!

Reply to
Daryl Bryant