2001 MB C270 CDI (auto gearbox problem)

hello, i'm from portugal and first time in this site.

About the problem, I'd a problem with an C270 Cdi T and I think that the MB garage cheate me.

Just see what my problem was:

The automatic transmission (gearbox) sometimes don't runs goods, it's a tiptronic gearbox that sometimes just stays in 2=BA gear or reverse and don't change neither auto or for manual, winter/summer, just stays in

2nd (or reverse if we change on knob -tell in property manual that is emergency driving).

Our diagnoses machine said that it's a unknowned error, and up we go to mercedes dealer .

They changed the speed sensor (A 140 270 00 69), delivery me the car, and after 1 mille, it happen again. So, i went again to the garage. They said that it was better to change a speed sensor and also the unit control (A030 545 2332) because they have experience that just change the unit control or just the sensor don't solve the problem (now they have, yesterday didn't).

I'm thinking that they are trying to solve the problem by easy way, that it's substitute all electronics parts that can cause that malfuntion.

I don't agree with that, I think that the problem it's just one of the parts, in my opinion the control unit, because just with speed sensor didn't work well too, so the old sensor was ok.

I already told they could just change the unit control and test but they already put the speed sensor (7 hours of hand service) and don't want to take it out to test just the unit control.

It's more easier input me the cost of sensor plus 7 working hours either dismont the sensor, that's my opinion.

There's my problem.

If you can give your opinion, please tell me, just to have sure if i was cheated=20

thank you and sorry about bad english.

Reply to
Portugal